- Promote, execute and coordinate scientific research works in the geological and mining domain;
- Conduct geological surveys for geological map making;
- Conduct the geological and mining prospecting of all mineral substances on the whole national territory in order to update the mineral lodgings map;
- Collect, treat and distribute the geological and mining information via continually updated data bases;
- To assure various services and appraisals to people, economic operators, researchers and students.
CRGM main tasks are based on:
- Conception and execution of geological and mineral research projects for a better understanding of D.R. Congo geological resources;
- Geological and mining prospecting of mineral substances (metallic ores, non metallic mineral substances, building materials, precious stones and semi - precious);
- Public awareness in geohazards;
- Hydrogeological survey based on water drilling;
- Ores, rocks, mineral, soils and water expertise;
- Urban, farming zones and mining sites environmental survey;
- Geological, gitological, hydrogeological and geotechnical map making;
- Scientific magazine issuing named "CRGM Bulletin ".